Food Love: Candy Cane Christmas Cookies

I'm sure many of you have been busy baking up a wonderful Christmas-y storm of cookies! I know I have been! I made these candy cane covered cookies for a cookie exchange that I went to. They were yummy, and as usual weren't my own recipe. I found the recipe here.. They just look kinda burnt because my oven is crazy and likes to overheat without warning... Not my fault...


What you'll need:
1 cup softened butter
1 cup powdered sugar
1 egg
1/2 tsp peppermint extract
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
2 1/2 cups flour
1/4 tsp salt
1 cup crushed candy canes
3 tbsp granulated sugar

Directions:
1. In a large bowl, cream butter and powdered sugar until light and fluffy using an electric beater (medium speed).

2. Add the egg and peppermint and vanilla extracts and beat until well blended.

3. Gradually add the flour and salt; mix well.

4. Cover the bowl tightly with plastic wrap and chill for 1 hour.

5. In a shallow bowl, combine crushed candy canes and granulated sugar; mix well.

6. After the hour's up, pre-heat the oven to 375 degrees F...

7. Shape the chilled dough into 1-inch balls and then roll each ball in the candy can mixture; place on baking sheets and bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until browned.

8. Immediately remove from the baking sheets and place on wire racks to cool.

1 comment:

  1. Oh YUM! These look seriously dangerous. I am thinking I may start baking today...these might be on the list :-)
    And congrats on graduating Kelly!! I love your happy photos below. Whose got two thumbs and a college degree? THIS girl! Lol!
    XO - Marion

    ReplyDelete

Anonymous comments are temporarily disabled to avoid spam.
Thanks for taking the time to comment!