Blogger Spotlight: Annie, The Other Side of Gray

I can't believe it's time for July's blogger spotlight already! Today you are all very lucky readers because I'm introducing you to an awesome lady who wears colour and pattern-mixes like no other. I think she could be the goddess of colours. When I reached out to her, I was thrilled she was willing to share some of her wisdom with all of us. Here is Annie of The Other Side of Gray.





Shorts: J. Crew (here) Similar: hereShirt: J. Crew Similar: here
Sandals: Target (girls) Similar: here
Necklace: Urban Outfitters (here)
Bracelets: J. Crew & Anthropologie
Hey guys! Annie here, from The Other Side of Gray...and I am SO excited to be guest posting for Kelly!
When Kelly asked me to do a post, we decided that it would only be appropriate for me to talk about color mixing, since I LOVE to rock some really crazy combos. So for this outfit, I decided to pair my good 'ol mint flavored shorts with this lovely grape blouse. I feel like mint is one of those colors that goes with everything. It's kind of like cheese in that sense. You can add cheese to almost ANYTHING and it automatically tastes better, right? So what I'm saying is, other than the fact that mint colored things are just as awesome as cheese, they also compliment most colors. 
Take a look:
Mint & black? Reminds me of ice cream. Fantastic.
Mint & pink? It's like cotton candy. Delicious.
Mint & green? One word - mojito! Amazing.
Mint & yellow? I can't think of any food this would remind me of, but still, it looks AWESOME.
 Lesson: mint rocks, so does cheese, and color mix your little butts off when you are wearing a mint flavored item. And yes, clothes have flavors, in case you were wondering.
P.S. Does this outfit make you want a shamrock shake and/or a Welch's grape soda or what? Yeah, me too.

5 comments:

  1. Love the colours of this outfit. Great blog.

    http://julietechotango21.blogspot.co.uk/

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Annie really is the goddess of colors. I love her blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha! This is the second guest post that I read of Annie's today and both are so amazing. Too funny girl!

    Hannah Tattoos and Pearls

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Annie and her style! :)

    Sara
    http://seventwentysomethings.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hahah Annie is too funny- love her food analogies! What a fab outfit, looks so effortless yet so on trend! Mmmm now I miss cheese (it's been almost 2 months since I've had any!)

    ReplyDelete

Anonymous comments are temporarily disabled to avoid spam.
Thanks for taking the time to comment!