What to Wear challenge: Summer Concert.




Forever 21 top (with DIY cut sleeves); American Eagle cutoffs (DIY from jeans); Aerie concert bra; Converse shoes

My formula for outdoor summer concert wear is simple: comfy shoes+shorts+breezy top+messy bun. Here's why:
  • Comfortable shoes so your toes don't break when people step on them. It's bound to happen. Converse save my feet.
  • Shorts. You need to be able to jump, run, or do whatever without worrying about your dress/skirt riding up.
  • Breezy top. If you're out in the sun all day, you need something that won't attract the heat (i.e. light colour) and that will breathe (cotton is your bff). 
  • Hair up. You'll probably get sweaty and gross. This is no fun when you have long hair trailing down your back. A messy bun is a must, unless you're magical and don't sweat or you like that sweaty/wet look ;)
And because you're probably going to be gross and dirty by the end of the day, I always go for a grungier look in general. This way there's nothing to ruin when your clothes gets dirty. I mean, cut-offs and DIY cut sleeve tops? They already look messy, I don't care if they get messier. 

I linked up with Sharon's What to Wear challenge today where she asked us to show what we would wear to a summer concert. 
The Tiny Heart

14 comments:

  1. Your points are really good, but I basically did the opposite hahaa.. I wore a dress and my hair is down. I guess it also depends on what type of concert you're going to

    Love your cut off shorts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute! This is basically how I dress for summer concerts too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a great concert outfit, Kelly! All of your tips are great...I wore my hair up too :) That is so true about the shoes, people always step on your feet! Thanks so much for linking up!

    -Sharon
    The Tiny Heart

    ReplyDelete
  4. Converse = classic! Stopping by from the link up...love your outfit pick!

    Amber at Viola Pearl

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is great for a summer concert! Outside Lands is this weekend in San Francisco and I wish I could get away with this but I'd freeze my butt off. It's about the only place you can't wear a normal summer concert outfit. Great choice though! :)

    xo
    nic
    mymannersandmoxie.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Whenever I go to a concert or festival, I build my outfit around my trusty old All Stars. I have dark grey ones ^^ and I've had them for years. Converse rules!

    xo Nikki

    ReplyDelete
  7. I need to get myself a pair of converse!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yep, I'd say you got the formula pretty much perfect!

    Btw Kelly - just letting you know that I'm passing the Liebster Award onto you! All the details are on my blog :)

    Life etc

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love this outfit - it really is perfect for a summer concert!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is a great concert look! I love your top!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Concerts are seriously so hard to dress for because there are so many different factors you have to consider, plus in the summer it makes it even worse. You have the perfect formula though it looks like!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love your top! Great simple summer outfit

    ReplyDelete
  13. GREAT top - LOVE cons, and this outfit so easy & comfy!
    http://thetinyheart.blogspot.com/2012/08/what-to-wear-link-up-summer-concert.html

    ReplyDelete
  14. yes! this is the perfect concert outfit!! love this entire look, so very 90's:)

    ReplyDelete

Anonymous comments are temporarily disabled to avoid spam.
Thanks for taking the time to comment!