The dress.

So I know a number of you wanted to see my birthday dress. Sorry for iPhone quality photos, but that's all we had:


Why this dress? Because every single other one I tried on sucked. And this one had studs. Anything that makes me feel bad-ass is good in my books - if you don't remember, I discussed it in this post
But it was pretty perfect. I tried to explain to a friend what I was looking for, which was: a dress that was fun but not too crazy, sexy but not "I'm a hoe", pretty but not too girly, said "let's party" but not "all I do is party". Somehow this dress was able to meet all criteria! 

And here's a picture of some of my bffs for good measure:


And now I'm going to say that I've decided to take a short break from the blogging world. Not that I don't love you all, but I'm feeling a little burnt out. I'll make a short stop in on Friday because I'll be guest-posting for someone special, but otherwise I won't be back 'til Monday.

Hope you all have a wonderful week filled with more motivation than I seem to have right now!

10 comments:

  1. Kelly! You look absolutely gorgeous!! That dress is just stunning on you. It's the perfect LBD. Happy belated birthday! So sorry I missed it :(

    -Sharon
    The Tiny Heart

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks so great on you!! I absolutely agree, it hit all the points you wanted it to hit, and avoided all the bad points. Enjoy your bloggy break...we all need one from time to time :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw no, I am going to miss you, but blogging breaks are much need! LOVE this dress!

    Sara
    http://seventwentysomethings.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. That dress is SUPER cute!! Definitely hit all the points! I've been on an unwanted, very long blog break..at first it was okay, but I am dying to get back in! I've missed all my bloggy friends! ; )

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kelly!! I'm wolf-whistling over here! That dress is amazing, you look gorgeous! Hahaha it's definitely not 'I'm a hoe' or 'all I do is party' hahaha. Enjoy your blog break, it can be good to recharge :)

    Life etc

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. PS I've grabbed one of your buttons! I've finally made my own, so feel free to do a swap if you want :)

      Delete
  6. I love it! It's perfect. I think you should do outfit photos with this one! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I absolutely love your blog so I have nominated it for the "Liebster Blog Award' which translates to favorite blog award! Visit my blog for details :)

    www.creativeconfessions123.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your dress - I think you look stunning!
    This dress definitely met the check list you described above! Hope you had a great birthday

    Kate xo petite-adventures.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete

Anonymous comments are temporarily disabled to avoid spam.
Thanks for taking the time to comment!