Music obsession.

I haven't met many people that don't love music. Like many, it's a constant part of my life. I play it on the commute to work, at work with 1 headphone in, on the commute home, and all evening while I'm at home. Literally, constantly.  The best part of music is how we can identify with it in so many ways. Sometimes a certain artist's voice will evoke a particular feeling or mood. Sometimes the lyrics are just perfect. Sometimes it's how the notes flow from one to the next.

I'm always looking for new artists and albums. I love the radio for introducing me to someone new, but I never stop at just one song. I need the whole album. And if it's great, I need all the albums. Must have ALL THE ALBUMS.. Ahem, anyways.. an artist's album tells a story. And I love paying attention to the details, like how the songs are ordered, the strategic flow between them and the variety of emotions in each of the songs. If an artist doesn't put out a good album, I won't fall in love with them...

But some that I have fallen in love with include:

1) Lorde.
I'm sure most of us have heard her song "Royals", but the entire album is pretty great. She reminds me of a mix between Lana Del Rey and Tegan and Sara. And she's only 16. Now, what have I accomplished in my 7 extra years of life? Nothing close. This is one of my favourite songs - it's live, but still awesome.


2) Grouplove.
They just came out with the Spreading Rumours album, but I haven't been able to get into it as well as their previous disc, Never Trust a Happy Song, which is one of my absolute favourites. Either way, their new single is pretty stellar.

3) 30 Seconds to Mars
Okay, so this one sort of goes back to my emo days in high school. Yup, I was that girl. 30 Seconds to Mars totally rocked their new album Love Lust Faith + Dreams. Again, this whole disc tells such an awesome story. Each song flows into the next and before you know it, it's over and leaving you wanting more:

How do you like your music?

1 comment:

  1. I haven't heard the rest of the album, but I do love the Royals song!

    My brother-in-law just went to a 30 Seconds to Mars concert last weekend. He loved it!

    -Sharon
    The Tiny Heart
    Scarf Giveaway!

    ReplyDelete

Anonymous comments are temporarily disabled to avoid spam.
Thanks for taking the time to comment!